The Pro-Skid evacuation chair is meant for use in public buildings because, when necessary, it is ready to be used without any compromise, and not only in the case of evacuation.
Designed to maximize the maneuverability in cramped spaces and on stairs and to provide easy transport of personnel to and from stairs and towards the outside of the building.
On the Pro-Skid, the back rest and the foot rest extend to become support handles with an ergonomic technique of lifting, thus improving the view of the stairs and feet for the operator, when obstacles on the stairs necessitate the lifting of the chair.
- The chair has a caterpillar belt system that allows movement down the stairs with the help of one operator only.
- The frame’s tubes have a minimum diameter of 25 mm up to a maximum of 35 mm in order to improve stability, strength and durability.
- The chair’s backrest is made out of two horizontal supports.
- The main wheels have a diameter of 200 mm in order to improve stability, comfort and movement.
- The front wheels have a brake system which blocks both horizontal and vertical rotation to stop movement, even on steep slopes.
- The chair has a headrest with head-fixing belt system in order to improve safety.
- Both headrest and seat are detachable, padded and made out of vinyl material coating 600D, antibacterial and completely filled in order to improve comfort, hygiene and durability.
- The chair has posterior integrated carrying handles that attach at the support frame and to the hub between the chassis and the support frame, anterior telescopic handles to make possible also the use of the chair to ascend a stair (2 person operation), say from a basement.
- Integrated instruction provided on the head rest.
The innovative sliding system allows the operator to control descent of the staircases without having to support any weight.
Manufactured in aluminium with a special polished finish. Seat covers are in
Front pivoting wheels with break Ø 100 x 32
Fixed rear wheels Ø 200 x 50
Pro-Skid is supplied with two polypropylene belts 50 mm.
Wall mounting brackets
This wall support is made of steel and provides an easy and strong support to hang the Skid and Pro-Skid evacuation chairs.
It includes three fasteners that allow you to attach the support directly on the wall.
Transport Bag (carry & dust cover
The bag for Skid and Pro-Skid is made out of yellow M PVC, externally equipped with black jacquard straps, seamed to the polymer structure.
The device is equipped with two handles on the short side and one handle on the long side, in order to make transport much easier. On the inside two straps are applied to avoid movement of the content during transport.
A 10 mm zip has been placed around the entire perimeter, excluding one side.